Friday, April 4, 2014

What is more convenient Flask or Wt (witty)?

I experienced in c++ and almost don't know python.
My goal was to build simple web application with using c++.
I was looking for convenient c++ framework for this goal.
Wt was looked as the most documented and convenient.

After a week of installing and digging i got how wt working and i tried to build simple page, where text widget should be on the all area of page. It took me half a day experimenting with css and different ways of settings sizes and so on. It hadn't work as it should, so i decided that Wt a big black box with the a lot of surprises. You have no idea how widget is implemented and how it will behave. Since i started to suspect it is just beginning of the problems.

I decided not to give up at with Wt, but try to use Flask python framework, because I was bored by Wt very much.
It took half a day to read about Flask, install it and build simple Flaskr application which is an example application from manuals.
It was for me like a breath of fresh air.
The result html code was clean and it worked much faster then Apache+Fastcgi+Wt.

I am not saying that Wt is bad or it not usable i just express my subjective vision about this framework.
I am sorry that i spent, so much time with Wt instead of doing  worth things.

No comments:

Post a Comment